Professional Clarinet Mouthpieces
Many years of consultation with the world's most respected clarinetists have influenced the design and performance standards of each J & D Hite clarinet mouthpiece. Crafted from the finest vulcanized rubber and molded on custom designed, personally crafted cores, Hite mouthpieces are individually hand faced and finished, as well as carefully micro-adjusted to the highest performance standards.
- Model D - Compared to the “M” model which has the identical facing, the “D” internal dimensions tend to produce a darker, rounder tonal character.
- Model J - This model may prove to be more comfortable for higher elevation locales and is usually the model preferred by saxophonists who are doubling on clarinet.
- Model M - The bore and channel contours tend toward a leaner, more centered sound when compared to the “D” model.
- Model H - The extra facing length on the “H” model functions well with thicker cut reeds made of less dense cane. The interior design and facing length can add extra depth to the sound.
- Soprano Clarinet Mouthpiece - popular because of its tonal sweetness
- Basset Horn/Alto Clarinet Mouthpiece - full, golden-voiced alto sound
- Bass Clarinet Mouthpiece - beautifully focused sound